Genesis 14:17- Gen. 15:1; Malachi 3:8-18;
Scriptures Bible Gateway (NASB & NIV):
Giving is one of the hardest messages for a pastor is this message that is his responsibility to the church. ... As you know I don’t hound you about giving, I encourage you but as I said it is my responsibility to make you aware of Gods blessings for your lives. If you don’t understand how the principles of God works and why I am accountable to God for you. Dave Ramsey tells us As the old saying goes: We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. There are three big principles of a solid savings plan, save, spend and give. But giving—specifically tithing—is just as important. It softens the heart of the giver and frees their soul from dependence on money. You’ll never walk away from giving feeling bad! Giving comes in many forms, with your tithe being the most important, because it’s a biblical mandate. Let’s start with the basics. Simply put, the tithe is the first 10% of your income that should be given to your local church. It’s strictly measured in money, so you can’t replace it with giving your time or your talents. Tithing wasn’t put in place for God’s benefit it is for our benefit – He already has everything He needs. He doesn’t need our money. Tithing and giving offerings helps us to be good stewards of what God has given us ( besides everything belongs to Him).
BODY OF TEXT:
Genesis 14:17- Gen. 15:1; Malachi 3:8-18;
Tithing was created for our benefit. It teaches us how to keep God first in our lives and how to live unselfishly. Unselfish people make better spouses, friends, relatives, employees and employers. And they usually have better finances. God is trying to teach us how to prosper over time. When People are struggling most importantly the Christian, born Again believer something somewhere is out of Order and God is trying to help us bring things back into order for us to be a blessing. There in is really is the message today. Abraham was the first to give 10% of all he had and that tells us that it is from the heart not law it is blessing and this is where MANY CHRISTIANS GET ANGERY AT A MESSAGE ON TITHING. When you read Genesis 14:17-15 God Protected Abraham because of his Faithfulness to God not man and kept his promise to God.
I would like to make to try and help you understand God has given to us this beautiful property and now it is our responsibility to be faithful to take care of it. As we are faithful in giving we can increase in the Vision of God to bring light into our community and other communities that God will send us to minister His Kingdom this cannot be done by one or a few it has to be done corporately together as one. When we look at the 10% that is leaving us with 90% left over and God usually as I have found return the 10% in many more blessings.
Let me say this if you are grumbling to give a tithe God doesn’t need it He wants our heart not our money. Let me tell you a story about my life. I never heard a tithe message after I received Jesus as my Lord and savior. But it was on my heard one day as I looked at my pay check and said to the Lord this is what you have given to me, Lord tell me how much of it that you want? I know that everything that I have belongs to you and I love you more. At that moment the Lord placed an amount on my spirit and after I heard the first tithe message I found out that I was giving over the 10% mark and didn’t lack. That’s what God does when we let Him direct our lives and not you and I directing by our own understanding. God loves each and every one of you.
I want you to hear what Malachi 3:7-18 says because I know all of you have heard it and said all the church wants is money and they are not going to get it. Please do not harden your heart because God has great plans for you and I. 2Corinthinans 9:6-10 Now this I say he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 ANs God is able to make all grace abound to you so that always having all sufficiency in everything. So you may have an abundance for every good deed. 9 As it is written for As it is written, He scattered abroad, He gave to the poor, His righteousness endures forever.
Today it is my responsibility to teach and this is but a part of learning on giving. God supplies to the Church so we can be a blessing and for no other reason. As we learn and grow together in His grace we understand God owns everything and we Need Him. Luke 6:38 Give and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return. That’s in eve